Introduction; Consent to Terms
Through the IBN Community portion of the IBN Services, through the Contact Us page, and through other features of the IBN Services, users may post, upload, transmit and/or otherwise submit ("Submit") comments, messages, other text, photos, images, videos, and other content and materials, and make recommendations, on or through the IBN Services ("User Materials"). You acknowledge that User Materials may be routed through our servers, the servers of one or more third parties on our behalf, and the Internet, and may be viewed by IBN staff and on the IBN Services by the general public. You acknowledge that the IBN Services, the IBN Community, and other features of the IBN Services, are for public and not private communications.
We reserve the right to screen, refuse to post, remove or edit User Materials at any time and for any or no reason in our absolute and sole discretion without prior notice, although we have no duty to do so. If we elect to screen User Materials, there may be a delay in the posting of such content to allow for a review process. If we have questions about your User Materials, we have the right, but not the duty, to contact you for further information, including, for example, to verify that you own the copyright or otherwise have the rights to post the User Materials.
You retain the copyright and other ownership rights in any User Materials that you submit on or through the IBN Services. However, by submitting User Materials on or through the IBN Services, you hereby grant IBN a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, transferable license to use, copy, sublicense, modify, transmit, publicly perform, display, create derivative works of, host, index, cache, tag, encode, and/or adapt your User Materials in any and all media formats or channels, whether now known or hereafter devised, including, but not limited to, the IBN Services, applications and services, third party licensee web sites, and other applications and services, without payment and without further consent or notice to you. You further grant IBN, and their licensees the right to contact you in connection with your User Materials and to use your name, city and state and other information that you have provided in connection with the User Materials.
Links to the IBN Services
IBN encourages and permits links to content on the IBN Services. However, the linking should not (a) suggest that IBN promotes or endorses any third party's causes, ideas, web sites, products or services, or (b) use IBN content for inappropriate commercial purposes or in any way that is unlawful or harmful to any other person or entity. We reserve the right to withdraw permission for any link.
Links to Third Party Sites and Services
The IBN Services contain links to Internet sites, applications and services maintained by third parties, over which IBN has no control. IBN does not endorse the content, operators, products or services of such sites, and IBN is not responsible or liable for the content, operators, availability, accuracy, quality, advertising, products, services or other materials on or available from such sites. IBN shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, products or services available on or through such sites.
IBN provides Really Simple Syndication (RSS) Feeds, and provides or may provide other content feeds on or through the IBN Services, consisting of a selection of headlines, summaries or text blurbs, and links to full stories, which are delivered to users using Really Simple Syndication technology, other XML (eXtensible Markup Language) technology, or other syndication technology (collectively, the "Content Feeds"). The Content Feeds are available for personal, noncommercial use or for noncommercial use on the web site, weblog or similar application of a noIBNofit corporation which is exempt from federal income taxes under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and which is not a news organization ("501(c)(3) NoIBNofit Corporation"). You may display, excerpt from, and link to the Content Feeds on your personal web site, weblog, or similar application for personal, noncommercial purposes or on your 501(c)(3) NoIBNofit Corporation web site, weblog, or similar application for noncommercial purposes, provided that (a) the links redirect the user to the IBN Services when the user clicks on them, (b) you do not insert any intermediate page, splash page or other content between the links and the applicable IBN Services page, (c) the use or display does not suggest that IBN promotes or endorses any third party causes, ideas, web sites, products or services, (d) the fundamental meaning of the content contained in the Content Feeds, including the headlines and summaries, is not changed or distorted, and (e) you do not modify the stories or other content that are linked to by the Content Feeds. If you display an entire Content Feed on your personal or 501(c)(3) NoIBNofit Corporation web site, weblog or similar application, (a) you may not redistribute the Content Feed, and (b) you must provide attribution to IBN or the relevant Content Provider adjacent to the Content Feed, by including or "IBN" or the name of the relevant Content Provider in text adjacent to the Content Feed.
Rules for Use of the Service
By using the IBN Services, including by registering for the IBN Services, participating in the IBN Community, Submitting User Materials through the IBN Community, the Contact Us page or other means, using Content Feeds, API Content, or Podcasts, or by using any other features of the IBN Services, you agree to the following rules:
- You must be at least eighteen (18) years of age to register for or participate in the IBN Community or other social networking features of the IBN Services; submit any User Materials or personally-identifying information on or through the IBN Services; participate in any online contests; and/or place an order on the IBN Shop. If you are between the ages of 13 and 18, you may browse the IBN Services or register for email newsletters or other features of the IBN Services (excluding the IBN Community) with the consent of your parent(s) or guardian(s), so long as you do not submit any User Materials. If you are under 13 years of age, please do not send any information about yourself, including your name, address or email address. If we discover that we have collected any personally-identifying information from a child under the age of 13, we will remove that information from our database as soon as possible.
- You may not submit any User Materials anonymously or under a false name or a false e-mail address. You may not impersonate another user or provide any false information about yourself.
- You may not submit any User Materials or links to material that is libelous, defamatory, false, obscene, indecent, lewd, pornographic, violent, abusive, threatening, harassing, discriminatory, in violation of the law, harmful to children, in violation of third party privacy rights, or that constitutes hate speech or a personal attack.
- The IBN Services can only be used for personal, non-commercial purposes. You cannot submit any material containing any solicitation of funds, advertising, promotion, solicitation for goods and services, or recruiting. You may not use the IBN Services for political campaigning, recruiting votes, or soliciting support for legislative or other initiatives.
- You may not submit any software or other material which contains a virus, worm, Trojan horse or other harmful computer code, files, scripts, agents, programs or device. You may not use the IBN Services to distribute chain letters, mass mailings, "spam," or duplicative or unsolicited messages in violation of applicable laws, or to gather usernames and/or e-mail addresses for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or other communications to other users of the IBN Services.
- You may not interfere with or disrupt the integrity or performance of the IBN Services, any portion or contents thereof, or related systems or networks, or use the IBN Services in any way which degrades their reliability, speed or operation, or their underlying hardware or software. In addition you may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the IBN Services or related systems or networks.
- You agree to comply with the Social Networking Discussion Rules as they may be updated from time to time by IBN.
THE IBN SERVICES AND ANY CONTENT, MATERIALS, USER MATERIALS, FEATURES OR PRODUCTS AVAILABLE OR SOLD ON OR THROUGH THE IBN SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. IBN DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE IBN SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. NOR DOES IBN MAKE ANY WARRANTIES AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE IBN SERVICES OR ENDORSE, RECOMMEND, OR MAKE ANY WARRANTIES AS TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR CONTENT OF, ANY CONTENT, INFORMATION, MATERIALS, USER MATERIALS, FEATURES, SERVICES, PRODUCTS, OPINIONS, OR STATEMENTS AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE IBN SERVICES OR THROUGH LINKS ON THE IBN SERVICES. USE OF THE IBN SERVICES IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
CONTENT ON THE IBN SERVICES IS NOT INTENDED TO SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL ADVICE OF ANY KIND. IN PARTICULAR, NOTHING CONTAINED IN THE IBN SERVICES IS OR SHOULD BE CONSIDERED, OR USED AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR, MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS OR TREATMENT. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH PROVIDER WITH ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE REGARDING PERSONAL HEALTH OR MEDICAL CONDITIONS. NEVER DISREGARD OR AVOID PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY IN SEEKING IT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ ON THE IBN SERVICES.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT WILL IBN, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, MEMBERS OR THIRD PARTY PROGRAM PRODUCERS AND PODCAST PROVIDERS BE LIABLE (A) FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE IBN SERVICES, (B) RELATING TO ANY CONTENT OR PRODUCTS AVAILABLE OR SOLD ON OR THROUGH THE IBN SERVICES, OR (C) IN CONNECTION WITH ANY THIRD PARTY CONTENT OR MATERIALS (INCLUDING USER MATERIALS) OR THE DEFAMATORY, INFRINGING, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY. IN NO EVENT WILL IBN, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, MEMBERS OR CONTENT PROVIDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY AMOUNT IN EXCESS OF $100.
RIGHT TO CHANGE IBN SERVICES
IBN reserves the right to change, terminate or suspend the IBN Services, any features of the IBN Services (including, but not limited to, Content Feeds, API Content, Podcasts, and the IBN Media Player), and any content or materials contained in the IBN Services, in any way, at any time and for any reason or no reason. IBN also has the right to require you to cease accessing any features, content or materials of the IBN Services.
Community Discussion Rules
- No obscenities allowed.
- Be respectful of other persons on the site.
- Post your own work. Don’t claim someone else’s work as your own. Use quotes, links, and other attributions or copyrights.
- Stay on Topic. If the forum topic is robotics, please refrain from discussing your son’s soccer tournament.
- Respect other user’s privacy. Don’t give out any personal information of anyone you know on the site.
- Do not advertise, promote, recruit, lobby campaign, solicit, or proselytize on the site.
- Don't post anything on the site posing as someone else.
- You are solely responsible for the content you post. IBN is not responsible for the content posted by its users. We do not and cannot review all user content posted on IBN.org. However, we have the right (but not the obligation) to review, screen, delete, edit and/or move any content posted on IBN.org.